Most of the users find it difficult to uninstall Norton security from their devices. This is either because they haven’t done it ever or because they might not know the correct procedure to do so.
Although experts do not recommend to leave your device without any protection on it. However, some of you might have to do it in certain odd situations. Users might wish to uninstall Norton completely because they wish to install another security software from Norton. Other than this, the reason could be the inefficient working of the current Norton program.
Moreover, there could be times when the presence of Norton on your system doesn’t let you install some software on your device. Therefore, you need to temporarily uninstall it and then reinstall it again. So without making any delay, let us learn the procedure to do so.
We shall be learning the process for a PC, Mac, Android device as well as iPhone.
Steps to uninstall Norton Security Suite from a PC
- Begin by tapping on the start menu.
- After this, click the Control Panel.
- From the said panel, select Programs.
- Now, you need to click on Program and Features.
- Here, you will see the list of currently installed programs.
- From this list, select the Norton Security product.
- Next, click Uninstall or Remove option whichever you see.
- When you see the User Account Control window, click Yes.
- Finally, you need to follow some on-screen instructions to make a selection for your uninstall preference.
- As soon as you do so, Norton uninstaller will run.
Once the process is complete, you just need to restart your computer to uninstall Norton completely.
How to uninstall Norton suite from Mac?
- First, you need to navigate to the Applications folder of your Mac device.
- After this, double-click on Norton Security.
- From the menu which is present next to the Apple icon, click Norton Security.
- Further, select Uninstall Norton Security.
- In the Uninstall confirmation window, click the Uninstall option.
- Now, you will be prompted to enter Mac Administrator account name and password.
- After providing the details click ‘Install Helper’.
Norton uninstaller will run and complete and the product will be uninstalled when you click on the ‘Restart Now’ option.
How to uninstall Norton Mobile Security?
From Android device
- First, go to the Settings of your Android device.
- Click on Apps or Applications.
- From the list, locate and tap Norton Mobile Security and then tap Uninstall.
- Select the OK option to confirm your action.
- When the uninstall process completes, select OK.
From iOS device
- Locate Norton icon which is most probably on the Home screen.
- Now, tap and hold on the Norton Mobile icon until it shakes.
- After this, navigate to the top-left corner of the Norton icon.
- Select the “X” icon to uninstall it.
- To confirm your action, tap Delete.
Now, Norton product will be completely removed from your device. If you came across any difficulty in doing so, you can download and run Norton uninstall tool which will make it easier for you to remove Norton successfully. More Information :- Norton.com/setup.