Those people who wish to secure their devices from virus attacks, Trojans, and malware mostly use Norton antivirus for this purpose. Norton, along with being effective antivirus software is also used for staying protected from online scams, cyber threats and more. But, sometimes you need to uninstall it from your device. You might need to do Norton uninstall for various reasons. Some people have a problem while updating the Norton setup, therefore they first do Norton uninstall and reinstall it again.
But the first thing that comes to their mind is ‘How to uninstall Norton’. Although the process to do Norton uninstall is very simple but many users still do not know how to uninstall Norton. To clear out this query of the users, I have described the simplest method of Norton uninstall. Following this method, users can easily achieve Norton uninstall. But, users should reinstall it so that their device remains protected all the time.
A few easy steps to uninstall Norton
Follow the steps given below to uninstall Norton from your device:
Method 1- Norton uninstall from the Start menu
- First of all, go to the taskbar of your Windows device.
- Now, click on the ‘Start’ button and you will see the menu.
- Now, click on the ‘All Programs’ tab.
- After this, select ‘All apps’ to see the list of all installed apps.
- Next, locate and select ‘Norton Internet Security’.
- In the end, select ‘Uninstall Norton Internet Security’.
Hopefully, now you have got the answer to ‘how to uninstall Norton’. If not, apply the next method.
Method 2- Norton uninstall from the Windows Control Panel
- Navigate to the Windows Taskbar and click on the Start button.
- Now, select Control Panel to open it.
- Further, you have to double-click on the option that says ‘Add or Remove Programs’.
- From here, locate your Norton product and select it.
- After this, select the ‘Change/Remove’ option.
- In the end, follow the on-screen instructions and restart your device
The processes of Norton uninstall remains incomplete if you do not restart the device.
In a conclusive viewpoint
Positively, your query ‘how to uninstall Norton’ is resolved after following one of the aforementioned procedures. If you feel stuck during any step, then you may try to repeat the steps from the beginning. Also, do not forget to reinstall Norton setup to continue enjoying Norton services to its fullest.