With the official end of Support for Windows 7, the Norton products will continue to raise its support for Windows 7 for the projected future. If you are still working with Windows 7, then your Norton client security software will not receive the new software updates that the supported versions of Windows will get. However, the Norton client security software will receive the latest malware definitions with the help of Live Update, vulnerability updates and compatibility fixes.
You need to stay aware to run the most updated security products, another important feature of protecting your laptops and PCs is by keeping the latest service pack and patches for your OS. With the recent announcements by Microsoft saying that they will no longer provide the patches for Windows 7, the devices having Windows 7 are becoming the mere targets for Cyber criminals, specifically if the new vulnerabilities are discovered in the OS. With the evolution of cyber threats, there are strong chances of Win7 affected by threats and infected by virus attacks. Hence, it has become important to immune Windows 7 to support our OS as soon as possible.
Here are some of the discussions you may also like to know
Here in this section, you will get to know some of the common FAQs that are asked by the Win7 users for Norton antivirus. This will help you to understand the used of Norton better with Win7 or other updated versions.
- Once Microsoft ends its support will Win7 will become prone to risks?
According to Microsoft, if the users continue to use Win7 even after its support ends, their computers will still work with a higher risk for virus infections. This is the main reason behind Microsoft not providing technical assistance for the Win7 users. Therefore, Microsoft will stop providing any system updates that are required to close any vulnerability that is found in Win7.
- Is it necessary to update NortonLifeLock to another OS?
Definitely Yes! If you are having Win 7 OS in your devices, then it is a recommendation to you that you upgrade to a more modern and supported OS as soon as you can.
- Are there any recommendations for Norton LifeLock of you continue using Win7?
If you continue to use Win7, then it is a recommendation to opt for a combination of best practices:
- Make sure that your Win 7 system is patched with the latest updates from Microsoft.
- Switch to apps that are supported with security updates and have Win 7 patches.
- Make sure that Norton security software is up-to-date and actively supports Win7.
- Will you receive updates and virus on Win7 if you are running the latest version of Norton antivirus?
Yes, presently also you will be able to receive the major software updates and the virus definitions for all the supported versions of Microsoft Office.
- If you are running a Norton old version, will you still receive the software updates and virus definition for Wind7?
Norton versions that are older than Norton 22.x will be supported on the basis of the following guidelines:
- You will get the virus definitions updates for 3 years after the release of every software version.
- You will get the virus definition updates for an earlier version that you continue to receive with the definition sets that are compatible across the Windows platform.
- If you need support for an earlier version then you are required to update to the latest version of the solution during the support process.
6. Will NortonLifeLock support the Win7 in upcoming releases of Norton security solutions?
The premium goal of Norton antivirus is to provide best-in-class protection possible on the broadest set of OS that is commonly used by the customers. Depending on the upcoming security demands, the future versions of Norton may stop the support for expired versions of OS. However, Norton provides precise system requirements in the documentation for every software release.
This topic explains that Norton security solution is all geared up for the technical advancements, development, changes, and updates of the compatible software. For more information, you need to visit the official website of Norton that you can reach by Norton.com/setup.
Smith Loo has been a writer in the technical field for quite long. His articles basically focus on helping users with various problems that they are facing while using different technologies. You may come across his writings on several web sites and hopefully, you will find them informative. You will find the latest information in his articles. Visit@:- Norton.com/setup.