Through Norton Internet Security you can easily define the Internet usage for Norton. The antivirus solution merges superior security and fast performance with such a design which is easy to use. This helps in protecting your device from today’s advanced threats along with safeguarding your password, protecting your data. This it does to keep your computer work with its full efficiency.
The antivirus provides you with much-needed protection whether you have a single computer or multiple devices to connect your family. Norton product developed for theonline safety of users, is a set of computer programs that provides malware prevention and removal during a subscription period. This uses signatures and heuristics to identify the presence of viruses. But, at times, your Norton antivirus may start utilizing more Internet bandwidth than it used to do. For this, you need to use the Network Cost Awareness feature.
Steps to define Internet usage
To do this, go through the following steps carefully:
- Open your Norton setup product by tapping its icon on the desktop.
- You will see the My Norton windows present next to the “Device Security” option. Here, you have to hit the Open” button.
- Now, you will be redirected to the Norton main window and here you are required to click on the “Settings” option.
- From the window that opens, click on “Firewall”.
- Move to the “Network Cost Awareness” row which is there in the “General settings” tab.
- Here you have to move the On/Off switch to “On”.
- Now head to the Policy column and click the drop-down list next to the network connection for which you want to set up a policy.
- From here, select one of the following options:
- Auto: select this option if you wish to allow Norton to receive all product and virus definition updates based on theWindows cost awareness policy.
- No Limit: you can go for this option to allow Norton to use the required network bandwidth.
- Economy: tap on thisoption to allow Norton to access the Internet only to receive critical product updates.
- No Traffic: this option can be selectedif you wish to block Norton from connecting to the Internet.
- In the end, tap on“Apply” and then click “OK”. After this, close the window.
To sum up-
Using the Network Cost Awareness feature of www.norton.com/setup, you can easily control the bandwidth used by Norton. If you have a slow Internet connection, you can reduce the bandwidth the antivirus uses. You are also allowed to set the communication policies for all network connections that your computer uses by configuring the Network Cost Awareness. about your pc, about your pc windows 10, how to reset your pc, norton setup, norton.con/setup, reset your pc, www.norton.com/setup Using the Network Cost Awareness feature of www.norton.com/setup, you can easily control the bandwidth used by Norton. If you have a slow Internet connection, you can reduce the bandwidth the antivirus uses. You are also allowed to set the communication policies for all network connections that your computer uses by configuring the Network Cost Awareness.
Smith is an acclaimed technical writer and his articles have appeared in a number of tech websites. His articles contribute to the latest technology, solutions to technical issues in top branded printers, and viruses, and emails. He focuses on balancing informative contents along with all technical needs. Visit@:- Norton.com/setup.